Monday, June 18, 2012

Don't start on a Monday

I should have known, really. I should have seen it coming.

Starting ANYTHING that is in any way challenging or difficult on a Monday is a bad idea. This particular Monday was a mammoth of a bad day and ... I'm a comfort eater.

Now, don't get me wrong, I held my guns.

One ounce breakfast. Done. Almost delicious, even. I was still smacking organic, natural peanut butter from my teeth when I stepped into work at 8 a.m. this morning.

Within two hours my entire day was falling apart at the seems, but I thought to myself, Hey, you're sticking to your diet and you haven't even broken into the fruit yet. You can do this!


The fruit I brought, which was mesmerizingly good, held me over until about 3 o'clock when my boss asked me to put the impossible (no, literally) on her desk by Tuesday morning, at which point I thought to myself, more fruit.


Alas! All gone.

So when my mom held out a plate of steaming, homemade lasagna and garlic cheese-bread, dripping in butter and said, "Honey, this is the last time our whole family will be together for a year. Are you sure you don't want to eat something?" I said . . .

Who starts on a Monday anyway???


Proverbs 27:1
"Do not boast about tomorrow,
    for you do not know what a day may bring."

No comments:

Post a Comment